Monday, March 21, 2011

a wack of a good week!

I still haven't started packing. But I have a really good excuse. It's my family's fault. We get possession in nine days! I still haven't settled on my paint choices, but have it narrowed down...I might as well blame them for that too! We have been having so much fun this week that I haven't just started packing, and decided on paint. Oh well!


I'm not feeling anxious about all of the work anymore, so thats good, I am just looking forward to moving in, settling in...and having family come over.


Our first gathering will be Jenner's first birthday, and I am so thrilled about it! I have a friend of my brother's who is going to bake Jenner's cake. (This is a huge deal if you know me...I love to do the cakes myself, from scratch, using my mom's recipe...but, I won't have time, so I am letting Dani work her magic!!)
The second, will be Easter. And if you are my family reading this...then here is your invite. Come to our home for Easter.


We've been so busy lately, Jesse has been working nights for a few weeks now, we've been visiting friends, and I purged out the baby stuff! Most of it sold, and the rest was donated! Big sigh of relief!


the morning of dad's birthday

we took the boys out on the sleigh

two cuties

jenner watching daddy

big brother pulling baby brother

mmmm, wiener roast on a beautiful winter's day


proud of their snow man

ellis and i made st. patty's day cupcakes

after all of the weeks' activities, it was necessary to fall asleep on daddy for an hour


This past week, we've had three birthdays we celebrated: Jesse's, dad's, and Grandma Clara's 90th! The weather has been a touch nicer...so we've been getting some fresh air, playing in the snow, all of the things we haven't been able to do because of the cold weather!


For Jesse we went out to Boston Pizza with our immediate family, usually, we have a big supper at home and I bake a cake, but somewhere amid the business of doing I-don't-know-what and Jesse working nights, I just didn't get it done. Next best thing...a restaurant. No cooking, no cleaning but we still had great company! Next year will be different handsome husband, I promise!


Dad's day was a great one...my sister came out with her family and we were outside enjoying the sun for a couple hours. We almost had to kibosh the wiener roast...as dad and my brother-in-law FAILED miserably at starting a fire...and once I saw the gas can come out...I took matters in to my own half-breed hands and started a nice little blaze in the other fire pit. Success. Wieners, marshmallows, hot chocolate, giggling children, and SUNSHINE made it an even greater success!


I spent the next couple days going through that baby stuff, sorting, organizing then selling and donating. I made a good enough amount to head to the city and spoil myself and the boys, and I bought all new dishes for the house! I went with a girlfriend of mine, with out children, and it was marvelous! We needed that...we had countless conversations where the only interruptions were our ridiculous laughter, cackles, snorts, etc. So fun. We felt so awesome, we hit the mall, went and ate, then headed to Ikea. We had our agenda, we stuck with it, and we got everything we wanted and more!


The day before that was Grandma's birthday, and it was such a good time...so many kids, so much family...mom's house was overflowing with the sounds of laughter, catching up, squealing from the kids and of course the amazingly delicious smell of the food...oh the food. Food is such a big deal at our family gatherings....it. was. a. feast.


I'm still full.


Although there was only a handful of us there compared to the usual family gatherings, Grandma was still so pleased. She was surrounded by most of her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and one great-great came. She is so lucky. She tells us that she is so rich because of all of the little people she has been blessed with in her life!


I see what she means.


All I can do is look back at this week and think how lucky I am to have such an incredible family. We rule. No really...we do. In a big way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment