Tuesday, March 8, 2011

pass it on!

OK, OK...perhaps I was a little harsh on myself in the last post...I wasn't hoping to seem that way, but I did!


I received a handful of messages and phone calls about it...and you all made me feel very good.


My beautiful friend Jules sent me a very sweet message this morning and I have been on cloud nine ever since...you really know how to make a girl feel special! And I have to share it...because I feel that all women should read what she said to me, so here it is!


"I'm not saying this just to be nice. You are one of the most stunning, naturally beautiul, perfectly shaped women that I know! I hate diets because they take the focus off lifestyle, and become something else.. something hard on self esteem. Eating healthy should be about eating good food. Wholesome, delicious, "doesn't taste like I'm on a diet" food. It hurts to hear a friend being hard on themselves. You do not deserve that! 
In the last year, I've been trying to cook things that are new to my tastebuds, and I always find.. friends are the best people to ask about recipes and food! (A good friend) told me about a great blog called Dinner With Julie (and she's a Calgarian!!! No wonder I like her!). She's fantastic, hilarious, and makes a lot of no-fuss, great tasting, wholesome meals.. shares the recipes and the most mouthwatering pictures!
I recently tried this one.. and since you mentioned the "no white stuff".. I thought you might want to add it to your supper table one night. This came out of the crockpot, and I ate it for a week!

PS Love your blog. I think you should write a book, and then someone will make a movie.. like they did with Julia & Julia!

CrockPot Turkey Chili with Apples

1 each: onion, carrot and celery stalk, chopped
2 cups each: apples, cored and chopped and butternut squash, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb (454 g) ground turkey, cooked
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
¼ tsp (1 mL) each: salt and freshly ground pepper
1 can (10 fl oz/284 mL) undiluted chicken broth
1 can (400 mL) light coconut milk
2 tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
cilantro, for garnish (optional)

Combine everything in your CrockPot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if you like."

I love her...she is wonderful for saying this, for sharing the website, and for reminding of my own beauty....which I sometimes forget about...like most stay at home moms!

So, now I can move forward...and try new recipes!

Oh, and as for moving...I am proud to say that I have one box packed. HA! That's one more box packed than yesterday! I have also gone through my baby stuff and have two boxes set aside, ready to be sold in a "Bye Bye Baby Stuff" sale next Thursday! I can not wait!

I still feel like I am standing in front of a mountain, but at least there's lots of sunshine! And lots of friends standing there with me!


Thanks for the support!


And pass it on! It always helps to share meal ideas with friends...so here's a few of mine...very normal...but still, I'm sharing!




Beef stir-fry (no rice)



Yummy breakfast! Scrambled eggs topped with salsa, steamed asparagus and fresh veggies! 


Lemon pepper pork, steamed carrots, rice, and spinach salad with pecans and mandarine oranges!


Myself...no make-up, bags and all, but still feeling beautiful thanks to amazing friends.

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful without makeup. Ravishing.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the only person I know who, when I look at the pictures of you after delivering your children...look like you walked out of a spa. You are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete