Sunday, February 20, 2011

revitalized!

Ahhhh!
I feel refreshed! (But still a little tired!)
The hunny cam home finally! This week went by 
so
slowly.


I am so glad to have Jes home. It's like the missing piece of the puzzle was found! The boys little faces were lit up with joy and excitement when they heard daddy's voice...and saw the little surprises he brought home for them.


After a long couple weeks for all of us, yesterday and today were great for our souls!


I headed to the city to pick up Jesse, but before I met him at the airport I had supper with my cousin. We had such a great visit and supper at the Outback! Mmmmmm....Aussie Cheese Fries! We cackled, laughed, caught up, cackled more, looked at pictures and videos on my cell of the boys....and laughed even more.


What release. What an amazing way to revive yourself! It perked me right up! Got me out of the slow, grumpy groove I was in. I love how a little bit of girl time does that for me! While we were eating we made plans to go out. We went and picked up Jes then went and booked a hotel. Jesse, who was exhausted and hungry after a day of traveling, was excited to get showered and gussied up in the new clothes I had bought him. So, he ordered in room service, layed on the bed and watched tv and waited for his food. Stace and I laid on the other bed and talked and talked and got lost in our conversation, as we always do!


The food came, Jesse ate, then we all decided we were to tired to do anything, and basically we went to bed! 


The next day, we got up, got ready, went for breakfast and went shopping together! I was so grateful to have some time to spend with just Jesse. JUST US. It was so nice...we walked around the mall, holding hands, he spent lots of time outside stores on the bench waiting for me...
We spoiled ourselves, nurtured our spirits, joked around...and just had fun. We laughed and joked and enjoyed being in the company of one another. 
Don't get me wrong, we always do...but it's extra special when there are no interruptions from our little men!
Funny thing was, we spent most of the time talking about the boys...the silly faces they make, the funny things Ellis says...it made us miss them!


We know the importance of having alone time...we try our best to make it happen, but we just don't get it enough! Jes works...a lot. He has missed countless family functions, and he feels bad...but that's life. Work is kind of important...but when your family is asking if you even exist anymore, it might be time to cut back on the hours! Right?


Anyways...what I am getting at, is that we were so care-free...just roaming around, at our leisure, talking about when we first met and how crazy it is that we have ended up here.


Here being married, with two kids, and now waiting (impatiently) to move into our new home. Our first house! 


We are elated. We are anxious. We are finally real adults! Haha!


As I have said before, I am learning to become a more grateful person...not one that takes others for granted.


I am so thankful that I had time to spend with Jesse alone. It took us back to a place...a place where fun, flirting and free spirits roam!


I think we are going to have to make that a weekly thing. Just the two of us, out from our four walls...


We feel uplifted. And appreciate our kiddies that much more. And we appreciate all who have helped us along the way...and today, we are thankful that my mom was watching the boys. (Don't worry Smith's...your days are comin')


So, have a look at your calendar, pick a day, book a sitter and take your man or woman out on the town...whether its just to go shopping or a supper date, it's amazing how revitalized you can feel! Especially after a week of not seeing each other.



Have fun lovers...remember, it's not just one day out of the year you need to make special! It all of the others too!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. Pat and I do this every now and then and you're right it does lift your spirits and helps bring the two of you back together. So nice, simple and sweet!

    ReplyDelete