Wednesday, February 2, 2011

one of those days



Have you ever had one of those days where everything just 


falls
          into
                     place?




This was one of those days. The weather went from -40 with the windchill to -3 and sunny!
My boys went from down-each-other's-throats the day before to lovey, cuddly today.
Ellis kept exclaiming "Weeeee ah best priends!!!"




Having Pedialite together, as they are both getting over the wonderful stomach flu that has bee going around!




And he is right. We are best friends. And I hope they can continue to be best friends throughout their lifetime. It is so special for a mom to see her kids play, love, laugh, share and be together. I adore my boys when they are like this. I adore them all the time...but its hard to remember that when they are fighting with each other! Which is why these moments are so sweet and wonderful to me! 



























Another great thing about today was the single little load of laundry to do. Ah...that was nice. And we had cleaned the kitchen together the night before, Jesse and I, so there was no mess to wake up to. We kind of got into the habit of leaving dishes for morning lately. The evenings are so busy....bath one baby, dry him off, get him dressed, rock him to sleep. Bath the other baby, dry him off, get him dressed, play play play, then get him to bed...but not before reading book after book after book!


By the time we are done that...the supper dishes just sit there and stare at us. And we, sit there...and stare at them. Oh, one day I will have a dish washer and it will be fantastic!! I will be hovering over company, waiting for them to finish their coffee or tea, just WANTING to put that dirty mug in the dishwasher!


Soon, I tell myself. VERY soon!






One small little problem about best friends...is you end up sharing more than laughs and toys. 


I was so proud two weeks ago, when I told my friends that my boys haven't been sick all winter. And then...we went to McDonald's. Twice. In one week. This never happens for us. But I think that all of the parents have been so sick of being stuck in their houses due to cold weather, that they just needed some escape. And what better place than the Grease Palace itself!? Why not let our sick, bug ridden children cough, hack and sneeze all over each other, the slides, the train, the french fries...


Ick.


And now...my once in-perfect-health-all-winter boys are hacking, coughing, sneezing, gagging and pooping. 


Ick.


One morning...NINE diapers. Yup. Nine. Oh, did I mention BEFORE noon? I stopped counting after that. Hence the Pedialite.


Ick.




But back to my perfect, almost poopless day...I just love watching the boys grow together, play together, hug, kiss, and laugh uncontrollably together. Nothing makes a happier home.


So I have dedicated this blog to all the memories I have of my boys, together. And you can see them through pictures...


Ellis, Froggy and Puppy entertain Baby J
Jenner, always enthralled with his big bro

I cannot believe how much they have grown

One of the thousands of kisses for Jenner






Always so helpful with Jenner

I can still hear that little laugh

Snack time together

So many pictures...


Jenner's first Christmas 2010


So many fond memories already!

Jenner helps bath Ellis. And ya, that's a blue tub right there!


Mmm, pasta, eggs, blueberries and avocado...and a wave 


The best part of the day was taking the boys outside after their naps...pulling them on the sleigh over big bumps, listening to them laugh as Ellis held Jenner...so cute. Such red little cheeks...and snotty noses.


2 comments:

  1. Randi, I just have to say I love your blog. You have a way with words, like others have said before! It is a beautiful thing to watch our children grow and love each other. Doesn't it make the craziest day turn out great!! By the way, I LOVE the blue tub!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the blue tub. Honestly. It's super cool. :)

    ReplyDelete