Wednesday, April 13, 2011

faking it

OK, so some people have told me that they think I have my sh*t together...and to them I say thank you...but yes, I am faking it!
The times I actually have all my household chores done and sleeping children and time for relaxing are rare...but when they happen...you can bet I am posting that as my status on facebook; proudly showing off my abilities to be a good mama and wife. However, the other days, when I am run ragged, exhausted, makeup from the day before still pasted on my face (and pillow) I do not talk about it. Unless its to my friends. Anyone else must think that I have it all together!

Some days I don't get in a shower, let alone a washroom break. Some days I leave all of the dishes in the sink until bedtime, when I can fire them into the dishwasher, which I am in LOVE with! (I have never had a dishwasher)

Some days I can be a sweep-it-all-under-the-carpet kinda gal. Not necessarily a good thing, because I will apply that to every thing in my life. My feelings, my thoughts, laundry, etc...I will avoid it. But we all know how that goes...it builds and builds and builds until there is nowhere else for it to go but OUT! And boy, does it come out.

I am so fortunate to have a husband/best friend who understands me in that way. He always asks how I am, how my day was, and I attribute that to his awesome parents. They are the kind of parents who sit at the kitchen table with you during supper and have a conversation. An actual conversation. They joke around, debate, go back and forth...and after all is said and done, your plates are empty, your stomach and heart are full and you have no idea where the time went! It's so great to sit and be in their company. They believe in getting it all out on the table...no pun intended. They believe that if you have an issue you talk about it, sort it out, and move on. Don't dwell on it!
They are such great people and I find myself luckier and luckier everyday to be a part of their family. They are so similar to mine, that life with them involved is so natural.
My little men are very lucky too.

It's family like ours who make it easy to fake it. They are incredibly supportive and encouraging.

So thanks family...

No comments:

Post a Comment